Rising Urban Leaders Enterprise
We are a New Jersey 501(c)(3) charitable organization in the City of Paterson, operating since December 2018.
We offer high school students access to participate in online leadership training that will help improve literacy and identify leaders.
Our Mission is to motivate teens to prep for success by empowering them to plan strategic action steps that lead to achieving their goals.
Our team intends to transform students' lives by teaching high school students strategies for going in the direction of their personal and professional dreams.
In addition, our plan includes community partnerships so that our team can work together with advocates to protect the spiritual, social, and academic integrity of students in Paterson, Passaic County, and in school districts throughout New Jersey.
Our Core Values
Our core values are those values that form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. We embrace:
A bright future is waiting for our young people who transform their belief from fear to faith and persevere through challenges to lead because leadership is influence.
- Recruit high school students to attend RULE's after-school 60-minute online leadership training;
- Recruit volunteer advocates to assist with the training;
- Administer guidance and education for volunteers to deliver the training;
- Empower students to write down goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound;
- Assess students’ leadership styles using the DISC assessment survey to know whose style might be Dominant, Inspiring, Supportive, and Cautious;
- Assess students’ personality types using the Myers Briggs assessment to know who might be performing as Introvert or Extrovert, Sensing or Intuition, Thinking or Feeling, Judging or Perceiving;
- Organize and prepare students for outreach activities in the greater community;
- Coordinate leadership forums for students to communicate directly with influencial individuals;
- Promote RULE through different types of marketing campaigns; and
- Seek financial support for RULE through fundraising activities.
Student Leadership Organization
- Develop moral behaviors
- Live a purpose-driven lifestyle
- Increase intellectual aptitude
- Leadership training
- Mentorship guidance
- Volunteer service
Our board members are professionally diverse. More importantly, they work strategically to ensure that activities and transactions are advancing RULE's mission.
Although nonprofit organizations in the State of New Jersey have the capacity to seat 10 members on their board, RULE has six members, three of whom are officers.
Our board members oversee the efficient use of program assets. In addition, they assure the government and the public that the organization is functioning in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Our Board of Trustees
Keith B. Allen, Esq.
Linda A. Hicks, M.Ed.
Eric R. Null, B.F.A.
High Ridge, MO
Councilman Robert L. Artis
Prospect Park, NJ
Dr. Stephanie D. Taylor, PhD
Edward A. Jones Sr.
Denise R. Blackwood